The Group Executive Committee supports the Group Scout Leader and ensures the effective administration of the Scout Group. The Group Scout Leader nominates the Group Chair and the relationship should be one of partnership and mutual support.
The Group Executive Committee aims to make sure that the Scout Group has the facilities and resources needed to deliver good Scouting in the Group.
- the maintenance of the Group’s property and equipment
- the raising of funds and the administration of the Group’s finance
- the insurance of persons, property and equipment
- Group public occasions
- assisting with the recruitment of Leaders and other adult support
From: Chapter 3 of Policy, Organisation and Rules
The Group Executive consists of some people who are members because of their role in Scouting (the ex-officio members), these are:
- Group Scout Leader
- Group Chair
- Group Treasurer
- Group Secretary
- Assistant Group Scout Leader (if any)
- All Section Leaders (i.e. individuals holding a Beaver Scout Leader, Cub Scout Leader or Scout Leader role) subject to that Section Leader expressly indicating to the AGM (in writing or orally at the meeting) that they are willing to perform such a function
In addition to the ex-officio members, there are three other groups of people who may be members of the Group Executive:
- elected members – these are elected by the Group Council at the Annual General Meeting and there are normally four to six of them
- nominated members – these are nominated by the Group Scout Leader in consultation with the Group Chairman at the Annual General Meeting and there must be no more than the number of elected members
- co-opted members – these are co-opted by the Group Executive Committee and there must be no more than the number of elected members
Group Scout Leader – Dr Malcolm Murray
Group Chair – June Hunter
Group Treasurer – Philippa Harpin
Group Secretary – Suzanne Richardson
Section Leaders – none presently
Hon Treasurer – Dr Ben Mitchell
The members of the Group Executive are the charity trustees of the 1st Stocksfield Scout Group. More information about this is available on the UK Government website.
Contact Postal Address
The Group Executive can be contacted by post sent to the Scout Hut.